Unlike most other motor vehicle accidents on the road, truck accidents are distinctly different due to the types of injuries they involve and the number of parties that can be held liable. That is why it is crucial to hire an attorney with extensive experience in handling such cases. Otherwise, it is likely you will not be able to maximize compensation or hold all responsible parties accountable for their actions.
Here is a list of parties that can potentially be held liable for a truck accident:
- The driver of the truck: The individual who drove the truck can be held liable for the injuries you sustained in a truck accident. There are several rules and regulations that truck drivers are required to follow, so if he or she was in non-compliance with the hours of operation, for example, and became too fatigued to drive safely, the driver could be held liable for the accident.
- The employer of the truck driver: The trucking company that hired the truck driver could also be liable for the accident. It is not uncommon for trucking companies to place unreasonable expectations on a driver, which sometimes require them to disobey regulations to achieve.
- The truck owner: Not all trucking companies own the trucks that their drivers operate. If this is the case, the owner of the truck could also be held liable for the accident if they failed to properly maintain and inspect the truck with regularity.
- The loaders of the truck: One of the most common causes of truck accidents is improper loading, which can fall out and damage another vehicle or result in a serious accident. If a truck is overloaded with cargo, this could also result in a serious accident, so it is crucial for loaders to comply with the industry’s regulations.
- The manufacturer: If the truck that caused your accident did so because it had faulty or defective parts, the manufacturer of those parts can be held liable for your injuries. In some cases, the equipment might not necessarily be faulty, but rather has a dangerous design. Either way, the manufacturer could be held responsible for it.
Having an experienced attorney is crucial for ensuring that you are able to pursue compensation from every responsible party. Your attorney will have the resources necessary to determine which and how many individuals contributed to the cause of the accident, so do not hesitate to obtain the legal assistance you need.
Schedule a Consultation with an Experienced Truck Accident Attorney!
If you were seriously injured in a truck accident, do not put off seeking representation from a skilled and experienced truck accident attorney. At Stipe Law Firm, our legal team has over six decades of combined experience and is equipped with the knowledge and insight that is necessary to effectively represent you. We will help you can obtain the compensation you need as you recover from your injuries and cope with the trauma of enduring this terrible incident.