Social Security Disability Lawyers in McAlester
Helping You Get the Government Benefits You Need & Deserve
Employees who can no longer work due to a disability may have the right to government benefits. Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits depend on the type of disability you have and your current financial income. Social Security Disability (SSD) depends on many factors, including the claimant’s disability type, work history, and age. Both SSI and SSD are government programs that require that claims be filed properly. Both programs allow for lawyers to represent you in the claims process and in any denials of claims.
At Stipe Law Firm, our Social Security Disability attorneys in McAlester are dedicated to helping injured workers. We have more than 60 years of combined experience helping workers bring government, workers’ compensation, and personal injury claims. Our legal team works with doctors to properly determine the types of disability you have. We work to show the disability is on the Social Security-approved list or that it prevents you from working. We prepare and try cases before the hearings officer assigned to your case. We fight for you to get all the benefits that the law allows.
Guiding You Through Each Phase of an SSI or SSD Claim
Claimants should understand that most SSD or SSI claims are initially denied. The denial should come with a notice that the claimant has 60 days to appeal. It is crucial that a claimant see one of our experienced Social Security Disability lawyers in McAlester well before the 60 days expire. Failure to file within the 60-day periods means claimants will need to re-file from scratch. Delay can mean losing some rights altogether.
We are ready to help with the following issues:
- We prepare your application and file appeals of denials on your behalf. Our legal team reviews your income situation and the full nature of your disability.
- Our legal team prepares the correct paperwork so you can get a hearing on your claim. We work to show you have an approved medical impairment or that you otherwise qualify for benefits based on the nature of your disease, works skills, and age.
- Filing for disability benefits. The best course of action is to prepare all aspects of your claim before you file. We explain what should be in the application, where and how you should file the claim, and what medical evidence you should get from your doctors.
- Why the Social Security Administration may have denied your disability claim. Our SSD and SSI attorneys understand the relevant laws and procedures. We review the denial notice, which should indicate why a claim was denied. We also review the laws and your unique situation to determine exactly why your claim was denied.
- Appealing a Social Security Disability denial. We work to gather all the relevant wage, medical, and personal evidence to maximize each claimant’s chances of success when appealing a claim denial. We address the reason for the denial head-on and argue the reasons behind the denial do not apply to your case. We file appeals of denials, appeals of hearing officer decisions, and appeals at all levels of the claims process when reasonable.
- Social Security Disability claims litigation. Your main priority in the claim is to address the medical issues. We work with the claimant’s medical team to address the seriousness of the disability. This includes showing that you have an impairment that is on the Social Security preapproved list of impairments, or by showing that the disability limits your motions and ability to do any type of work. We aim to prove you cannot do your prior job and also cannot do any type of new work, even if you are trained for it.
Our legal team cares deeply about each individual client. We understand how upsetting it is to not have funds to live because you cannot work. We also appreciate that claimants with a disability suffer from physical and emotional pain. That is why we do everything in our power to get our clients the results they need.
Call (918) 505-7741 for a Free Case Evaluation
At Stipe Law Firm, our attorneys understand how upsetting the claims process can be. You are in pain. You cannot work. Why aren’t you being paid? Our lawyers review your medical situation with care and explain the claims process. We fight to get each client the maximum amount of benefits the Social Security laws allow.
To discuss your case, call us at (918) 505-7741 or fill out our contact form today about scheduling a meeting in our McAlester office.
We offer no-obligation case evaluations.
Our clients have unlimited accessibility to us.
Our firm has secured millions in verdicts and settlements.
We serve injury victims across Southeast Oklahoma.
Our attorneys have 60+ years of legal experience.