Oklahoma Attorneys Help When Insurance Companies Won’t
Our lawyers offer comprehensive representation for victims of insurance bad faith
No one enjoys spending his or her hard-earned money on insurance payments, but you do enjoy the feeling of security that insurance provides. In exchange for your premium payments, you expect that your insurance company will protect your financial well-being during some of the most challenging times of your life. But what happens when your insurance company refuses to meet your expectations?
At Stipe Law Firm, our no-nonsense attorneys protect you from unethical behavior of insurance companies, ensuring that you receive the coverage you are owed. An experienced Oklahoma insurance dispute attorney can assist you in filing a lawsuit against your insurance company. The legal team at Stipe Law Firm is both knowledgeable and experienced in the area of insurance bad faith, which enables us to give you an accurate assessment of your potential case and provide you with comprehensive representation.
The basics of insurance bad faith
Insurance companies have a duty to act with “good faith and fair dealing” when deciding whether or not to pay your claim. If your agency refuses coverage, or unreasonably delays coverage, without legitimate justification, you may have a legal claim for insurance bad faith.
It is difficult to pinpoint a concrete definition of insurance bad faith. However, there are a number of different ways that insurance companies can act with “bad faith” toward their clients. Some common examples include:
- Denial of a legitimate claim
- Cancellation of an insurance policy without adequate justification
- Making threats against an ensured party
- Failing to properly defend an insured party
- Conducting inadequate investigations
- Unreasonable delay in handling claims
How our law firm can help
To effectively challenge your insurance company’s decision, you need an experienced and passionate legal team on your side. You have the burden of proving that the insurance company acted in bad faith. This task can prove challenging without adequate legal representation. Our skilled Oklahoma insurance dispute lawyers pursue:
- Bad faith/unfair claims practices. Our attorneys help a wide range of consumers and business owners in need of representation against their unethical insurers. We’ve helped countless individuals and organizations whose insurance companies have neglected to provide the coverage they have promised.
- Commercial property claims. Your commercial property needs adequate insurance in case of damage. When damage occurs, you expect your insurance company to pay fully and promptly.
- Agent negligence claims. Perhaps whomever sold you the insurance policy did not hold up their duties. In cases of agent negligence, our firm goes after the agent at fault.
- Business interruption claims. If your business has been interrupted by a denied or delayed claim, we can help you recover compensation for the revenue you lost during that time.
With a proven track record in personal injury law, our team has the experience necessary to help you fight back against your insurance company. We want to see you get the compensation to which you are entitled.
Schedule an appointment with a tenacious Oklahoma insurance dispute lawyer
If you believe that your insurance company acted in bad faith, rely on Stipe Law Firm to provide you with comprehensive representation. To learn more about how an Oklahoma insurance bad faith lawyer can help you with your insurance bad faith case, call us today at 918-558-2255 to schedule your free initial consultation. You can also complete our contact form to schedule an appointment. We serve clients just like you in McAlester and across Oklahoma.