Trusted Estate Planning Attorneys Protect Your Family’s Future
Helping you create estate documents that represent your wishes
You have worked hard to accumulate your personal assets. If you do not make a plan for their distribution after your death, the government will step in distribute your assets in a way that does not reflect your desires for the family you leave behind. While no one wants to think about what will happen once they are gone, it is also important to do so for the security of your family. Setting up a will or trust will protect your loved ones when you are no longer able to do so, and the McAlester estate planning lawyers at Stipe Law Firm are here to assist you through the process. Let us help you prepare for your family’s future.
Estate planning and administration
There are two general options for protecting your property and providing for your family after your death:
- A will is a document that lays out the division of your assets after your death. It allows you to choose a personal representative who oversees the division process and ensures that your wishes are followed. If you are the parent of minor children, you can also use your will to name your preference for a guardian. While these recommendations do not bind the court, there are generally given significant consideration when naming a guardian.
- A trust, if properly funded, generally allows your family to avoid the expensive and time-consuming process of probate. Individuals with larger estates often set up trusts to avoid excessive probate taxes. You can set up a trust either as a replacement to a will or in addition to one.
Our lawyers can help you determine what types of documents are best for you. We then work closely with you to draft secure wills and trusts.
We help you safeguard your family
We know that estate planning can be a delicate matter. Our experienced Oklahoma estate planning attorneys have the skill and legal resources you need to set up your will or trust quickly, easily, and effectively. We provide you with:
- Sound advice. With years of legal experience, our lawyers possess the legal knowledge to answer all of your questions and offer you trustworthy legal advice.
- Genuine care. Our attorneys understand the importance of estate planning and the consequences if it’s not done well. That is why we are dedicated to helping you plan for your family’s future and protect their wellbeing.
- Easy solutions. There’s no need to add more stress to your life. Just tell us what you want to include in your will or trust, and we will take care of the rest.
We provide top-notch legal services to those who need them. With more than 60 years of experience in various areas of practice, we help you adequately prepare your estate for the loved ones you leave behind.
Contact an experienced Oklahoma estate planning attorney today
Regardless of whether your estate is large or small, you and your family ultimately benefit from setting up a will or trust. To learn about your best options, work with the attorneys at Stipe Law Firm to create an effective plan for the future. Call us today at 918-558-2255 or fill out our contact form to schedule a free consultation. From our McAlester office, we represent clients throughout Oklahoma.