Compassionate Oklahoma Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers Getting Justice for You
Fighting for the rights of nursing home residents throughout the state
Nursing home abuse is a real problem that affects many people. Victims often experience declining health that could lead to their death. The passionate lawyers at Stipe Law Firm want to help elderly victims and their families enforce their rights and put an end to the abuse. The safety and security of the elderly is important to us. They deserve our respect, not harmful behavior. Our Oklahoma nursing home abuse attorneys are dedicated to getting justice for residents who have been abused. With 60 years of experience, we are prepared to guide you through the legal process and fight for the best possible results.
The consequences of nursing home abuse
Abusers see nursing home residents as easy victims. The abusers could be employees, visitors, or other residents. In many cases, nursing home workers are unable to put a stop to the abuse because they are overworked, underpaid, and poorly trained. Staff members often keep abuse quiet. Victims frequently do not report abuse because they fear retaliation or social isolation. The abuse can be physical, sexual, emotional, or financial.
Some potential signs of nursing home abuse include:
- Bruises, cuts, burns, or fractures
- Fear of visitors or of being alone
- Unexplained crying
- Unrecognized names on paperwork
- Loss of money or possessions
- Unsanitary living conditions
It is imperative for families of residents to pay attention to the signs of potential abuse. Nursing home and elder abuse is against federal and state law. Our Oklahoma nursing home abuse lawyers relentlessly research the facts of your case to determine who is liable. We do not rest until your loved one is safe.
Oklahoma nursing home abuse lawyers pursuing justice on your behalf
The safety of your loved one is not enough. Through the justice system, we can hold the liable parties accountable for their actions. Our Oklahoma nursing home attorneys seek compensation for damages, including:
- Wrongful death. If it is found that a nursing home resident died due to abuse, our lawyers file a wrongful death claim on behalf of the family.
- Medical expenses. Many victims require additional medical attention due to abuse. We pursue the compensation necessary to cover these medical costs.
- Pain and suffering. The abuse likely caused significant physical and emotional stress on the victim and on the family as well. We seek damages to compensate pain and suffering.
Our experienced legal team is dedicating to getting the victims of nursing home abuse and their families the compensation they deserve.
Schedule a free initial consultation with our Oklahoma nursing home abuse attorneys
If you suspect your loved one is the victim of nursing home abuse, get help from Stipe Law Firm today. Call us at 918-558-2255 or complete our contact form for a free initial consultation. From our McAlester office, we represent clients in Southeast Oklahoma and throughout the state. You pay no legal fees unless we successfully recover compensation on your behalf.