The Physical and Financial Cost of a Motorcycle Accident
Let our diligent Oklahoma attorneys defend you in a motorcycle accident claim
According to statistics from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcyclists are five times more likely to be injured in a motor vehicle accident than an individual riding in a car. Even more disturbing, this statistic increases to 30 times more probable when discussing the likelihood of death from a motor vehicle accident. These numbers demonstrate the risk that motorcyclists face every time they ride on Oklahoma roadways.
If you are a motorcyclist who was injured in a vehicle accident, contact an experienced Oklahoma motorcycle accident attorney at Stipe Law Firm for assistance with your case. Our experienced lawyers are champions of justice for injury victims across the state of Oklahoma.
What causes injuries in a motorcycle accident?
Numerous factors contribute to the high rate of injuries among motorcycle accident victims. For example, motorcycles are not built to be the most stable vehicles on the road. While its low profile decreases its visibility around other vehicles, the lack of width can negatively affect driver stability. The other leading cause is substantial error by other drivers on the road. Failing to yield and following too closely are just a few of the common driving infractions that put the lives of motorcyclists at risk.
Motorcycle crash injuries
For injured motorcyclists, the physical, emotional, and financial damage can easily become overwhelming and costly. Some of the most common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Facial disfigurement. About one-third of all motorcycle accidents cause injury to the chin. This happens when the chin is unprotected and slides across the ground during the impact of the accident.
- Road rash. This type of injury is also caused by the body sliding across the pavement upon impact. If the violent impact of the crash throws the cyclist from his or her bike, the body will hit the ground at a significantly high rate of speed, causing the victim to slide until his body comes to a stop. These injuries can prove particularly severe if the motorcyclist was not wearing protective clothing at the time of the accident.
- Biker’s arm. Along with the road rash that often occurs when a biker is thrown from his motorcycle, biker’s arm commonly occurs from the violent impact of hitting the ground. This condition can manifest as a broken or sprained arm, or lead to more serious internal damage.
- Traumatic head injuries. Injuries to the brain often happen during a motorcycle accident due to bumps on the head during and after impact. The severity of traumatic brain injuries varies, depending on the specific case. The victim may experience a nagging headache or severe disruption of cognitive functions.
- Knee injuries. Motorcycle accidents commonly cause injury to the feet and knee of the victim, including fractures and broken bones.
A knowledgeable Oklahoma motorcycle accident lawyer understands that the cost of medical care for a serious motorcycle accident is significant. Our litigators fight hard to secure adequate compensation. From numerous doctors’ visits to ongoing rehabilitation, insurance companies attempt to resist payment of these costly claims.
Our tenacious Oklahoma lawyers fight for maximum compensation
At Stipe Law Firm, we respect your right to enjoy your motorcycle free from hurt and harm. However, when an incident does happen on state roadways, our Oklahoma motorcycle injury attorneys will fight for your financial compensation. To reserve a no-obligation consultation with an experienced motorcycle injury lawyer, please call 918-558-2255 or fill out our contact form. From our office in McAlester, we represent clients throughout Oklahoma.